Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A passing fear ....

As I drove home this afternoon, my mind wandered to residual halloween nightmares ....

Edwards as Vice President. Edwards returning to Congress after making the insightful decision not to run for reelection .... Edwards being a heart-beat away from the Presidency.

Please, no.

He ran for President for a good reason. OK, two good reasons. First he has the money. Secondly, his political career was over if he had to rely on re-election to the Senate.

Do you think the Democratic party actually expected the John's to do this well? I wonder if they are getting more than they bargained for (such as the potential of 8 years of skerry stuff) .... I suspect they did not think anyone could defeat GW .... I sense that they may have (in the backs of their own conniving minds) been waiting for 2008 to make the big run for the presidency .....

I did arrive home safely, btw, in spite of the nightmares.