Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Early Returns ....

I'm enjoying watching the pundits assess the early returns tonight .... there seems to be a telling discrepancy between exit poll surveys and actual precinct returns .... PANIC on the Democrat front -- apologies from the pundits....

Susan blahblah Esteridge (spelling?) has always been an overpowering "know it all" (which the host stated in his intro). He meant something complimentary (or so he said). I find this accurate and not a compliment. She always shouts over anyone who attempts to engage her in any (yes, any -- including legal) discourse .... the know-it-all. I do hope her man Kerry loses. For many reasons ....

I'm proud of my state. Not only did Bush carry my state, but he appears to be doing very well in the popular vote. Electoral votes will come .... My entire staff (9) voted for Bush; my family has voted for Bush. Not an easy feat as several are democrats. Even I am a registered Independent. Several friends, however, are democrats and have voted for sKerry.... They remain friends, of course -- but they will definitely pout if and when Bush is reelected ....

I'm reminded of those who vote for sKerry based on hatred of Bush.... I can't understand this mentality.....

On second thought, I do have some understanding of disliking someone (not quite at the hatred level, however) .... I dislike sKerry for several reasons -- one of which is his military history, including the lies and meeting with the VietCong while Americans were held as POWs. The flip flops notwithstanding, sKerry has no identifiable position that I have yet been able to grasp. There have been many instances in which he states "I have a plan," but there have been little more than goal statements presented --- not plans.

Please don't let the next President of the US have absolutely no discernable plans for anything except raising taxes and asking the U.N. to define terrorism .... tick tick tick.