Thursday, October 26, 2006

Remembering Sept. 11, 2001


I intended to volunteer to write a tribute to one fallen victim, but my life was topsy-turvey during the original sign-up. I did end up reading the tributes, however, and finally decided that what I might do was compile links to articles written by the survivors of 9-11. They, too, are part of the remembrance .....

* Attack on America: Eleven personal stories by people who escaped the Pentagon or the World Trade Center with links to many other accounts and from people who share their stories and thoughts.


* Voices of 9/11: Video testimonies by survivors and victims' family members.

* My Story: Stories, essays and images from around the world.

* Images and Headlines: From news reports around the world.

* Flight 93: The story of their lives and their destiny.

* New York City: After the fall.

* Where Were You?: 2000 stories by individuals from around the world.

* Missing Pieces: Witness Testimonies and Reflections

I plan to continue to add sites. It's the least I can do to honor the memory of those lost and affected by 9/11 .....


Also see Honoring 9/11 Victims.